Published on:

Birth trauma can happen to anyone

Birth trauma can happen to anyone, and can be the result of either natural or unnatural causes, reports a NY Birth Injury Attorney. Since the delicate and still-developing spinal cord and nervous system of an infant are so fragile, it does not take much in the way of trauma or rough handling to cause spinal misalignment or even its more debilitating counterpart, “Vertebral Subluxation Complex,” or VSC. A jarring accident, as well as the use of forceful birth alternatives such as vacuum extraction and even Cesarean Sections, can cause this trauma – a fact that is often brought to light by New York Birth Injury Lawyers. Dr. Jeanne Ohm – a Pediatric Chiropractor and a member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association – noted that even something such as simple as routine labor and delivery procedures can cause spinal injury liked misalignment and damage. This includes labor-inducing procedures, the use of pain medication, and restrictions on labor positions due to the mother’s health requirements. In addition to causing nerve damage, Vertebral Subluxation Complex can also cause organ malfunction, muscle damage, and tissue damage – all of which can be devastating medical issues to an infant’s development. These compounded issues can create the need for continued care and rehabilitation for the child, even in the least damaging of situations. Hospitals in Queens and The Bronx are on the look out for any of these possibilities.

If your child has sustained a birth trauma that has triggered a nervous system issue, VSC, or any of its related health problems, NY Birth Injury Lawyers recommend seeking treatment as soon as possible to make sure that no additional health issues come up. The Office of Stephen Bilkis and Associates can offer you support and guidance as well as a free consultation when you contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW. We have offices in N York City, including Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island and The Bronx and in Nassau County, Suffolk County and Westchester County.

Contact Information